Mushian Comic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mushian Comic Forum

A place to discuss C. Prince's Mushian web comic.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you play? or what Systems do you own?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BladedFalcon
Old Fashioned Merc.
Old Fashioned Merc.
BladedFalcon

What do you play? or what Systems do you own? Empty
PostSubject: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Well, i saw this section was a bit lonely so i decided to go ahead and make the first topic! mehehe, i rule supreme here Twisted Evil Razz

Anyway, what better way to start a gaming section than to know what tastes you guys have, are you a fan of the innovative wii? do you preffer the raw power of the PS3? Do you enjoy the libbrary of good games of the bit older 360? or are you a more old school gamer? or do you despise the n00bs that play with a controller and not a keyboard and a mouse?

Wich kind are you and what kind of games do you enjoy playing the most?
Back to top Go down
MessiahForHire
Mishief and Mayhem
Mishief and Mayhem
MessiahForHire

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:24 pm

I like the 360, it has many good games (is looking at many shooters and RPGs), and by far the best and most comfortable controller; but I still enjoy the lighter stuff that Nintendo has. Except so far I've seen more great games for the Gamebube than the Wii.

I also have a few games for the computer, but not many, since this is the first computer I've had that can handle newer games with fair graphics without lagging.

Among my favourite games are Assassin's Creed, Gears of war, Portal (Awesome!), Black & White 2, TIMESPLITTERS (both 2 and Future Perfect, haven't played the first), Metroid prime:Corruption, Custom Robo, SSBM, and the tired and true Ocarina of Time.

Yes, I'm quite a gamer, though I don't have the resources to get many games that I would want...
Back to top Go down
http://draconian73.deviantart.com
BladedFalcon
Old Fashioned Merc.
Old Fashioned Merc.
BladedFalcon

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:37 pm

I currently own an Xbox360, a DS, and a PSP, i have the games "Devil may cry 4" "The orange Box" "Contra 4" "Advance wars: Days of ruin" and "Zelda: The phantom hourglass"
i trade my games periodically so dont believe this all i have played or i will play recently, hell, chances are that by the end of the month i will have five different games.

Anyway, i am pretty happy with what i currently own, sure the 360 may not be the most powerfull or stylish, or even the most durable Razz, but it has a quite good batch of games that are quite wothwhile to play, and note that i am not a "HALO" fan, i didnt even play halo 3, so im not really a microsoft fanboy, and by the way, Devil may cry 4 its by far the best action game the current generation has seen so far.

As for the portables, i also enjoy them a lot, i used to use my PSP mostly as a MP# player for a while but it has recently getting quite good games, cant wait to get my hands on "GOW: chains of olympus" , and the DS is quite nice, not graphically impressive games, but quite fun to play, its also the console with more "old school" kind of games, wich i enjoy a lot (as evidenced by me owning contra 4)

Well, thatīs all for the moment, i could rant forever but this is painfully long as it is right now, hope to get some response and to share tastes with more people.
Back to top Go down
Drache
Lady Admin
Lady Admin
Drache

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:43 pm

I have an awesome PC, a Wii, a DS, and that might be it.

I play just about any kind of game. I'm working through Stalker and Zak and Wiki at the moment.

My favorite games are just too many to list.

Last edited by Drache on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mushian.forummotion.com
BladedFalcon
Old Fashioned Merc.
Old Fashioned Merc.
BladedFalcon

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:54 pm

hehe, i forgot to mention my favorite games, they are a ton, but some deserve a very honorable mention:

-The metal gear solid series (including the GB color game)
-The Castlevania series (most of them, but specially the SoTN tipe games, one of the primary reason why i got a DS)
-The two american Fire Emblem games
-Gears of war (admit it, its just a kickass game)
-Odin Sphere (ultimate 2D awesomeness)
- The God Of War series (come on, who doesnt like an angry gut-slicing spartan?)
Back to top Go down
MessiahForHire
Mishief and Mayhem
Mishief and Mayhem
MessiahForHire

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:52 pm

o.O Holy CRAP! I forgot to add a game in my favourate games list!!! O.O

Resident Evil 4 = Awesome!

No Mmm brains. in this though, but it is still one of the most Awesome! games EVER!
Back to top Go down
BladedFalcon
Old Fashioned Merc.
Old Fashioned Merc.
BladedFalcon

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Hahaha its was awesome all right, definetly the best resident evil out there, yet, i do have two complains about it, first, this one wasnt really scary, and because of that i would call it more an action game than an actual survival horror game...

And the other thing, they may not be tecnically zombies, but most of the enemies tend to move very slowly, only with ocassional running and tool flinging, other than that, to me the villagers were acting like zombies, just without the rotten skin this time, still a pretty well done game.

Speaking about survival horror games, i got to say that my favorite is by far "Fatal Frame", this is the only game that really made me soil my pants and kept me nervous 90% of the time, the atmosphere in this one is just superb, and having only a camera to protect yourself from revenge thirsty ghosts really makes you feel very vulnerable, wich adds to the tension and scaryness
Back to top Go down
MessiahForHire
Mishief and Mayhem
Mishief and Mayhem
MessiahForHire

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:04 pm

BladedFalcon wrote:
Hahaha its was awesome all right, definetly the best resident evil out there, yet, i do have two complains about it, first, this one wasnt really scary, and because of that i would call it more an action game than an actual survival horror game...

And the other thing, they may not be tecnically zombies, but most of the enemies tend to move very slowly, only with ocassional running and tool flinging, other than that, to me the villagers were acting like zombies, just without the rotten skin this time, still a pretty well done game.

Speaking about survival horror games, i got to say that my favorite is by far "Fatal Frame", this is the only game that really made me soil my pants and kept me nervous 90% of the time, the atmosphere in this one is just superb, and having only a camera to protect yourself from revenge thirsty ghosts really makes you feel very vulnerable, wich adds to the tension and scaryness

No, RE4 wasn't a very scary game, but then again, the Resident Evils aren't scary, just gory or the sort of games/movies that make you really jumpy.
But if you like scary games, then you should try F.E.A.R. It is by far one of the scariest games I've ever played. It's so damn creepy. Especially how they don't make it all enemies. there are parts where you mostly just go from point A to point B. But the transitions are just... I can't even put it in words. o.O I stopped playing that, in part because it scared me to much. I literally had to stop playing for a few minutes because my hands wouldn't work as well as I'd want them to. o.O
Back to top Go down
BladedFalcon
Old Fashioned Merc.
Old Fashioned Merc.
BladedFalcon

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 11:35 pm

well, i did play it, it has better atmosphere than the resident evil srtuff, but it still didnt scare me, guess im maybe too resilient to those kind of stuff (thats why i hate the 3 million horror movies in the industry, not one have i saw that had me scared as half as much as fatal frame did), and well, amybe another factor with F.E.A.R. is that i played the 360 version, almost two years after its debut in the PC, and altoguh i did like it, i wasnt impressed by the graphics in the least, even tough i knew that when it came out in the P.C. one of the highlights were the graphs, so maybe also that waned my impression from the game.
Back to top Go down
Drache
Lady Admin
Lady Admin
Drache

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:11 pm

Oh yeah, I finally got around to playing Brawl yesterday. I've played it a lot today too. I really like it, but I wish I had some one to play with. First player mode and brawling against the computer isn't nearly as fun.
Back to top Go down
BladedFalcon
Old Fashioned Merc.
Old Fashioned Merc.
BladedFalcon

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:48 pm

ow, that game is one of the itches that makes me want to own a wii sometimes, i would love to play with you you drache! tragically, unlike my avatar, i am unable to fly at whim... and anywere in the US seems to be so far away... Crying or Very sad

But not everything its bad! i got "God of War: Chain of olympus" and boy is it awesome, its by far the most beautyfull portable game that has ever existed, i dare to say it looks almost as good as the ps2 versions, and that is quite a feat, and the game itself has everything that makes the console ones a great game, a must have if you own a PSP.
Back to top Go down
MessiahForHire
Mishief and Mayhem
Mishief and Mayhem
MessiahForHire

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:18 am

Dammit Drache! Why do you gotta rub that in? (Jus' kiddin' :D) I want Brawl... Then if I finally get it, that means we can have some forumite brawls! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Drache
Lady Admin
Lady Admin
Drache

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:06 pm

MessiahForHire wrote:
That means we can have some forumite brawls! Awesome!
I approve of this plan!
Back to top Go down
Ogge

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 2:57 pm

I got the following.

PS2 and loads of different games on it. All from FF series to soul calibur.
Nintendo Wii. Got Zelda, Twiligth princess, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3.
PC and loads of different games there, mostly RPG/RP games thought, but still some hack and slash there.
Nintendo 64 with some old games there.

Thinks that sums up most of it thought <.<
Back to top Go down
MessiahForHire
Mishief and Mayhem
Mishief and Mayhem
MessiahForHire

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Yay! Ogge is here too! :D

And also, do you have the Wii edition of RE4, or the Gamecube one?
Back to top Go down
Kairiki
Hyperactive Fangirl
Hyperactive Fangirl
Kairiki

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm

I feel all outdated and whatnot...

I own a PS2, Gamecube, PSP, DS, and my faithful comp. Also I have Brawl, and am waiting for my cousin to send his Wii my way (he doesn't play it...) so I can play! As for games...any RPG, specifically the Final Fantasy and Zelda series. Pokemon's an old fave, and Elite Beat Agents is one of my 'just-having-fun' games. Oh, and Tales of Symphonia is also high on my list. Then on the comp is Fable: The Lost Chapters and World of Warcraft.
Back to top Go down
Ogge

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:42 am

MessiahForHire wrote:

Sorry for eternity long wait for response there, and it is the Wii Edition one :) havn't played the gamecube one, don't really know the bigger diference except you don't aim with a the controller the same way ;)
Back to top Go down
Drache
Lady Admin
Lady Admin
Drache

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:41 am

Ogge wrote:
MessiahForHire wrote:

Sorry for eternity long wait for response there, and it is the Wii Edition one :) havn't played the gamecube one, don't really know the bigger diference except you don't aim with a the controller the same way ;)
I hope to buy and play the Wii edition some time.
Back to top Go down
Ogge

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 3:32 am

Well I hope you get the chance and do ^^ one thing I can say for sure about this game that made its funny impact on me is whenever I hear a chainsaw I almost panic, hmmm I do wonder why Neutral
Back to top Go down
MessiahForHire
Mishief and Mayhem
Mishief and Mayhem
MessiahForHire

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:40 am

Hm. That's what shotguns are for. A hundred shots with my striker and nothing scares me. Though the guy in the oven made me jump. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ogge

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:24 am

Perhaps so Messiah, but when you are low on shotgun ammo on 'new game' at start, hearing the chainsaw coming at you makes you running ^^.
Got to agree though, guy+oven=bursting out fire = makes me jump and empty ammo in that ones head Razz
Back to top Go down
MessiahForHire
Mishief and Mayhem
Mishief and Mayhem
MessiahForHire

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:57 am

xD
Two words:

Conserve Ammo

Try using your knife as much as you can without commiting suicide.
Back to top Go down
Ogge

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 am

Yeah I learned to do that when I went from easy mode to Normal, Save ammo for the love of hells best friends cousins brothers daughters sake!.....

It hurts when you don't have any Razz .
Btw whats your favorite gun? Personal favorite Red9 ^^(in the game that is Razz)
Back to top Go down
Drache
Lady Admin
Lady Admin
Drache

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I really like the Bfg9000. Kills everything in the room. It's from a different game though.

What do you play? or what Systems do you own? Bfg

If you are curious, you can read about it here.
Back to top Go down
Ogge

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 4:36 pm

Hmm I do wonder where I recognise that weapon from,..(havn't read that link of yours yet). Is it only me or does BfG stand for Big F***ing Gun ? Or am I way out of here? :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you play? or what Systems do you own?   What do you play? or what Systems do you own? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you play? or what Systems do you own?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mushian Comic Forum :: Off Topic :: Gaming, Webcomics, and Other Geekery-
Jump to: